Midwest Chapter Contacts
Midwest Chapter's Innovative Community Project Underway
The Midwest chapter of TechServe Alliance has undertaken a unique partnership with a non-profit and CareerBuilder that holds the potential to be a win-win for all parties.
i.c. Stars is a Chicago-based non-profit that over the last decade-and-a-half has offered a technology-based curriculum for low-income young adults in the area with the goal of identifying, training and helping jump-start the careers for new IT talent. In September the Midwest Chapter was looking at ways to give back to the community and identified i.c. Stars as a "great, local non-profit that we can help," says Jeff Messacar of On Target IT, Inc. and President of the chapter. With input from Leslie Vickery, the chapter helped build out an alumni portal at i.c. Stars with a contribution from CareerBuilder in the form of its Talent Network product. The final portal will allow an estimated 300 to 350 alumni access to job postings from TechServe Midwest members via automated email notices matching their skillsets.
"This is truly a win-win for all involved," said TechServe Alliance CEO Mark Roberts. "I want to congratulate the Midwest Chapter and CareerBuilder for partnering on an innovative solution that helps their community in a very practical way.
2017 Midwest Chapter Meetings
Midwest Chapter Annual Benchmarking Meeting
Presenter: Mark Roberts, CEO, TechServe Alliance
Date: September 28, 2017
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Glen Oak Country Club, 21W451 Hill Avenue, Glen Ellyn, IL, 60137
Midwest Chapter Chapter Meeting
Date: Thursday, July 20, 2017 from 4:00-7:00pm
Sponsored by Bullhorn
- "Developing a Candidate Engagement Program within your Organization" presented by Bullhorn and Jason Heilman from Herefish
- "Current Climate Surrounding H1-Bs and How You Can Prepare for New Potential Legislation" presented by Mike Hammond, Hammond Law Group
Cost: Free to members*
Place: Burnham Park Yacht Club 1500 South Linn White Drive Northerly Island Chicago, IL 60605
September Midwest Chapter Roundtable Meeting
The Path To Victory: The Operating Practices Report Overview
Date: Thursday, September 22, 2016
Time: 4:00 PM CT
Presented by: Mark Roberts, CEO, TechServe Alliance
TechServe Alliance CEO Mark Roberts will hold an exclusive data-driven rally on what it takes to find success in the IT & Engineering Staffing Industry.
Drawing upon the insights from TechServe Alliance's 2016 industry benchmarking report and other data including the results of "real time" surveys, the presentation will:
- Provide an Overview of the Current Macroeconomic and Industry Environments
- Address How IT & Engineering Staffing Companies Are Growing their Topline
- Share Ideas on How to Optimize your Business for Greater Productivity and Lower Costs in Order to Drive Higher Profitability
- Provide Insights on What's Next for the Industry?
Join Mark Roberts and local industry leaders for this highly interactive discussion on the key challenges and opportunities in the IT & Engineering Staffing and Solutions industry.
To RSVP or for questions, please contact Jeff Messacar.
July Midwest Chapter Meeting Presentation and Networking Event
Topic: Best Practices for Building a Scale-able Sales Organization
that Delivers Repeatable, Predictable Revenue Growth and Increases Overall Quota Attainment
Led by: Dan Fisher of Menemsha Group
Place: Burnham Park Yacht Club
Date: Thursday, July 21, 2016
Summary: Did you know 80% of IT staffing firms are under $20M in revenue?
What is the secret to breaking through? Creating a scalable business
model in which you can achieve exponential revenue growth without
incrementally increasing costs. It's about building an organization
that's replicable and highly systematic and could run itself at a very
large scale without being overly dependent on any one particular
To drive consistent, repeatable and predictable growth IT staffing firms
need to design and deploy sales process and sales methodology. During
this presentation Dan Fisher of Menemsha Group shared with our members best
practices for designing and deploying a sales process and sales
methodology that will help them achieve predictable, sustainable,
scale-able growth and increase overall quota attainment.
During this presentation we covered:
April Midwest Chapter Roundtable Meeting
- Common pitfalls IT staffing firms run into when attempting to scale the business
- The difference between sales process and sales methodology and why you need both
- How to design your sales process and sales methodology
- Why sales people actually need and want sales process
- How sales process improves sales forecasting and sales coaching
- Why sales methodology is the key to differentiation in a competitive services industry
- How sales process and sales methodology improve new hire on-boarding and reduce turnover
- Change management best practices for supporting and sustaining behavioral change
Date: April 21, 2016
February Midwest Chapter Roundtable Meeting
Date: February 18, 2016 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Topic: Unconventional Leadership: Do Different to Get Different
Led by: Chip Lutz
Summary: Lieutenant Commander Chip Lutz, USN(Ret), MSEd, CSP, is the President/Founder of Unconventional Leader, LLC
and has 27 years of solid leadership
experience. A retired Navy Officer, he has had two command tours and
served as the Director of Security for Naval District Washington, DC
during September 11th 2001. Chip is a leader who has been there, done
that, and has the uniform to prove it! He works with leaders who WANT
to lead better, get more done, and leave a legacy. He is where theory
meets application. If you want others to follow GO FIRST! -Chip Lutz
Currently, the dues are $300 for the Midwest Chapter.